Just In Time For Easter

Since we’re ecumenical folks around here, and since Tefillin Barbie is such an old friend of ours,

barbiejew
I thought it might be nice to note that a woman named Julie Blake Fisher has created a whole wardrobe of Episcopal Priest Barbie gear. She comes with a Roman-style cassock,
barbie11
an alb and stole,
barbie2

a biretta and capa nigra,
barbie3
and all manner of other things.

I imagine that Tefillin Barbie and Episcopal Priest Barbie have all sorts of great conversations about various interfaith issues. It wouldn’t surprise me if they also commiserated on how annoying it is, as women of faith, to feel like they have to maintain that polite smile all the time.

10 Responses to “Just In Time For Easter”

1. Okay, if only barbie can solve that little problem women rabbis have (actually, men, too, technically) of how to dress so as to look properly clerical. I hate it when rabbis show up in a tallit to show that they’re rabbis, since all adult Jews should be wearing such things. Maybe episcopal priest barbie has some thoughts about it.

KRG · April 1st, 2010 at 9:45 pm
  2. BTW, quite the clerical fashion plate that priest is….

KRG · April 1st, 2010 at 9:46 pm
  3. Perhaps Episcopal Barbie and Rabbi Barbie can discuss why their denominations are shrinking so quickly in contrast to the Barbie-less clergy of the growing denominations.

Dave Boxthorn · April 1st, 2010 at 11:21 pm
  4. Tefillin Barbie is NOT Rabbi Barbie!

BZ · April 2nd, 2010 at 12:17 am
  5. A schism would seem inevitable in any church that that would ordain Barbie. It is clear that Gay and Lesbian Barbie clergy are next.
    Ken as a priest-I shudder.

Meir Eynaim · April 2nd, 2010 at 6:48 am
  6. KRG writes:

Or no adult Jews, depending on the time of day.

BZ · April 2nd, 2010 at 8:29 am
  7. Judaism doesn’t have clerical garb (for women or men) because Judaism doesn’t have “clerics” the way some Christian denominations do. (Not counting the priestly vestments, of course, since those aren’t in use anymore.)

BZ · April 3rd, 2010 at 10:20 pm
  8. @BZ, that’s it. We’ll just have to get the Cohens to show up at all our protest marches and speak! With urim and thummim!

KRG · April 3rd, 2010 at 10:32 pm
  9. @bz: You say “Judaism doesn’t have clerical garb ”

So what is that costume Rav Ovadya Yosef (and all Sefardi Chief rabbis) wear?

Meir Eynaim · April 4th, 2010 at 6:45 am
  10. @ME- I think they’re called “sunglasses.”

Arie · April 4th, 2010 at 8:07 am