Hebrew edition of Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know”

I have to admit musician Gotye’s hit “Somebody That I Used to Know” has been stuck in my head for a week. And it’s inspired a host of covers and parodies. Below is a tongue in cheek cover of a cover in Hebrew. In it, Roi Lavi and the Good Guys reproduce a six-on-one-guitar cover of the song by Walk Off the Earth. Original videos below the fold.

Walk Off the Earth’s cover

Gotye

7 Responses to “Hebrew edition of Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used to Know””

1. Am I wrong, or is this more or less the same song as “Don’t You Want Me, Baby?” Which is more than cool with me.

Saul Kaiserman · April 23rd, 2012 at 2:21 pm
  2. I thought that too.

Kung Fu Jew 18 · April 24th, 2012 at 10:30 am
  3. if they only could’ve faded out with the keyboard player eating the potato chips, instead of the laugh, even better.

Ruby K · April 24th, 2012 at 11:18 am
  4. Am I the only one who can’t help reading “Gotye” as”Goatse?”

Kol Ra'ash Gadol · April 25th, 2012 at 4:49 pm
  5. i’ve been reading it as gosye

Ruby K · April 26th, 2012 at 9:19 am
  6. But have you seen this: gawker.com/5925389/a-disturbingly-accurate-portrayal-of-what-happens-every-time-that-gotye-song-starts-playing-in-the-car ?

Saul Kaiserman · July 13th, 2012 at 9:57 am
  7. Im not overly sure on it if I am honest, but the drummer I just want to hit with a baseball bat, but I think thats a personal grudge.. just something about him…

The Bear Jew · August 11th, 2012 at 12:50 pm