From Jewish Women Watching

Jewish Women Watching  is commenting on the raging sexist bullshit show going on at the Western Wall.

“We demand an end to Rabbi Shmuel Rabinovitch’s sexist oversight of the Western Wall.”

Sexism is a Sin.

Jewish Women Watching

Filed under *Uncategorized

9 Responses to “From Jewish Women Watching”

1. Er, um, maybe Jewish Women Watching should ‘watch’ the year on the calendar or do a tiny bit of updating:

www.jewishwomenwatching.com/actions/jewishvote/index.php

Dave Boxthorn · October 28th, 2012 at 10:47 pm
  2. Why remove an archived project from our website? We keep all our old projects that can be digitized online. Having been around for over 3,000 years, I’ve come to appreciate history.

Ruth the Moabite · October 29th, 2012 at 3:18 pm
  3. I find it VERY PROBLEMATIC to use the image of a wild west wanted poster for ANYONE. Remember what these posters often said – dead or alive. Is this how we want to treat a fellow Jew, even one who we dislike, who some despise?

To be honest, this is:
    a – badly done
    b – inappropriate
    c – not entertaining/funny

I think this image borders on Sin’at Chinam, and is inappropriate for this site.

Eitan · October 29th, 2012 at 4:41 pm
  4. FOR ONCE I AGREE WITH BOXTHORN. JWW needs to update that page to reflect the Romney/Ryan/Rightwingnutjob slate in the current election.

Adam · October 30th, 2012 at 12:36 am
  5. That page on the JWW site is part of an archive of their past actions. This was an action they did around the 2004 election.

BZ · October 30th, 2012 at 4:12 pm
  6. I maintain my theory that “Jewish Women Watching” consists of a dude named Harvey posting from his mom’s basement. But it’s just a theory.

Eric · October 30th, 2012 at 4:31 pm
  7. and i mantain that boxthorn is right about wanting to take the fight to the right. down with the sexism of the right!

Adam · October 31st, 2012 at 3:45 pm
  8. @Ruth The Moabite it is fine to archive, but your site is completely out of date. Your piece on the Conservative movement, for example, still includes information that was from before the CJLS made decisions about admitting openly gay students to its rabbinical school. I also suspect that, since that piece was published, the number of synagogues in the movement that remain non-egalitarian has continued to shrink.

Go ahead and archive, but your organization is irresponsible in the way it maintains its website and in creating such an inflammatory poster about a fellow Jew.

Eitan · November 1st, 2012 at 9:19 am
  9. The New York Times website is even more out of date! It includes articles such as this one, which refers to “President Truman”. Not only is Truman no longer the president; he’s not even alive! This is irresponsible journalism. Don’t they have fact-checkers?

BZ · November 5th, 2012 at 12:34 am