As shamirpower said below, sign up NOW for Limmud NY so that you can get a spot before registration closes!
If you still need another reason to go, check out all the prayer options. Limmud NY is a diverse and pluralistic Jewish community, and the extensive array of services reflects this diversity. This isn’t just Hillel, with three services corresponding to the major denominations. Limmud NY will have 15 different types of services throughout the conference (including 6 each on Friday night and Saturday morning), none of which is named after a denomination.
And here they are! See the schedule for details.
Three times a day from Friday morning to Monday morning:
- Traditional Egalitarian [Debbie Kaufman, coordinator]
- Traditional Mechitza [Raffi Cohen, coordinator]
- Learners’ Service [Sarah Chandler]
- Family Service [Avi Fox-Rosen]
- Learners’ Service [Abby Sosland]
- Musical Service [Ben Dreyfus]
- Neo-Hassidic Jewish Renewal Service [Daniel Siegel]
- Family Service [Sarah Chandler]
- Four Worlds Service [Mitch Chefitz]
- Mechitza Service Led by Men and Women [Joe Septimus, coordinator]
- Musical Service [Debbie Friedman and Danny Maseng]
- Afternoon Delight with the Shabbat Queen [Shoshana Jedwab and Jill Hammer]
- Musical Service [Alyssa Frank]
- Contemplative Service [Or Rose]
- Prayerful Yoga [Adam Berman]
- Singing and Meditation Service [Leah Berkowitz]
- Stargazing [Sarah Chandler]
- Chanting and Meditative Shacharit [Adam Berman]
- Martin Luther King Day Freedom Service [Nate Fay]