I gotta tell ya…The amount of stuff worth blogging in a single day is mind-boggling.
- South Park’s battle with Scientology rages on after Tom Cruise allegedly pressured Comedy Central to yank an episode ridiculing the celebrity cult. Kudos to Trey Parker and Matt Stone on what may be the funniest quote ever to be printed in this history of newsmedia.
- 1001 Inventions is a fascinating travelling exhibit, book, and weblog highlighting 1001 Islamic contributions to the modern world.
- New satellite imagery has some itching to raid the lost ark.
- Fourth Amendment, Ã¦Ã¨”Ã¬: Turns out Bush hasn’t only tapped telephones without a warrant — he also searched people’s houses and offices. However, rather than launching an investigation into Bush’s conduct, it looks like they’re just going to retroactively legalize it — which is scary considering how these sorts of investigations often target legal demonstrators, as was revealed last week by the ACLU.
- Speaking of legalizing it, 46% of Americans want to decriminalize marijuana.
- And in other good news, talk of impeachment has finally hit the mainstream. It’s a damn shame that Russ Feingold is the only Democrat with testicles on the Hill.
- Also on the lighter side of things, those damn activist judges who hate our freedom have prevented Bush’s buddies from weasling out of clean air regulations. But environmentalists shouldn’t feel to smarmy because the passage of the new budget bill has revived the ANWR drilling program, while, interestingly doing nothing to address NOLA’s levee problems.
- Bush is still lying about intelligence, but well, there’s nothing new there.