In honor of Mobius’ mishegaas postings and damn too much to cover out there:
- Interested in that last post? Take the Breaking the Silence tour of Hebron yourself. Next public tour is Jan 25th.
- Action alerts by both Americans for Peace Now and Brit Tzedek v’Shalom on Bush’s visit to the Middle East tomorrow and Thursday, with demands that he tell Israel to tackle a complete freeze on settlement construction as well as a ceasefire with Hamas to end the bombardment of Sderot.
- The Chicago Tribune features Rabbi Wolf accusing Jewish support for Middle East peace as shockingly silent — suspicious if not openly hostile.
- A surprising Washington Jewish Week editorial calling for an end to settlement construction.
- Leonard Fein takes South African-style second track negotiations as food for thought.
- NIF’s New Generations trip to Israel is the view of Israel you always wanted to see: meet the grassroots activists, civil rights lawyers, academics, writers, and artists who are shaping the social change movement in Israel.
- Hat tip to backbeat: Jewish leaders including rabbinical and seminary students, federation executives visiting Bethlehem through the new American-Israeli organization
- New social networking site mepeace.org is the Facebook of Middle East peace.
- And wtf?? Israeli Justice Minister Professor Daniel Friedmann unveiled his proposed new law to weaken the powers of Israel’s Supreme Court.