Jewschool, Inc. (“Jewschool”) provides its website and online features (the “Site”) to you subject to compliance with the following terms and conditions. By accessing or using the Site, you signify your acceptance of these terms. Please read and consider them carefully. There may be additional terms that govern your use of any other particular online features offered by Jewschool.
Opinions and comments expressed on the Site are those of the individual author and/or user, and may not reflect those of the Jewschool, its staff, or volunteers. Jewschool reserves the right to remove or refuse to publish a posting for any reason.
All textual, visual, audio, audiovisual content on the Site, as well as the compilation of such content, is protected by United States and international copyright laws and owned by Jewschool and/or the various contributors of such content. Copyrights in individual articles, postings, and comments are retained and owned by the authors thereof.
LICENSE AND SITE ACCESS
- Modification or preparation of derivative works based on this site or any portion thereof;
- Framing, in-line linking, or other similar actions that cause this site or any portion thereof to be displayed or perceived in a manner that adds or modifies content other than that provided by Jewschool;
- Use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
COMMENTS, ARTICLES, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER USER CONTENT
Posting comments, articles, or any other content meeting any of the following criteria to the Site is prohibited:
- Commercial advertising or any other content commonly identified as “spam”;
- Content that is illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, infringing on others’ intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties;
- Content that consists of or directs users to viruses, spyware, worms, trojan horses, or other malware or malicious programs.
By using or posting any comment, article, or other content to the Site, you grant Jewschool an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, freely transferable, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, perform, copy, display, distribute, modify, and prepare derivative works based on any content you have posted to the Site and/or its successor or predecessor sites.
Furthermore, by accessing the Site, you acknowledge and agree that parties other than Jewschool provide some content on the Site, as well as links to sites operated by third parties, and that Jewschool is not responsible for any such third-party content or sites.
If you are a copyright owner and believe the Site has been used to infringe the copyright in your work(s), please provide our copyright agent a written notification including the following points:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyright-protected work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- A description of the allegedly infringing material and where it is located on the Site, including the URL and any other identifying information where possible;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you believe that Jewschool has removed or disabled access to material that you posted as a result of mistake or misidentification, and would like Jewschool to replace or renew access to the material, please provide our copyright agent a written counternotification including the following points:
- An identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location where it appeared before it was removed or disabled, including a URL where possible.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- State that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the physical address provided in # 3 is located (or, if the physical address is outside the United States, for the Western District of Washington).
- State that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification to Jewschool of the alleged infringement, or from an agent of that person.
- Be signed by you, either physically or electronically.
Jewschool’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site can be reached as follows:
Ben Murane, President
Although Jewschool values both intellectual property rights and free expression, Jewschool cannot guarantee that following the complaint or counternotification procedures identified above will result in any particular action, and does not undertake any affirmative obligation to engage in any particular action in response to any particular complaint or counternotification.