Skip to content
Mishegaas, Israeli Culture Edition
- Madonna’s going to be writing an article for Israeli daily Yediot Achronot called “How My Life Changed,” about, you know, Kabbalah and stuff.
- Now people can tweet prayers to the Kotel.
- Nico Tarosyan and Olga Samosvatov will have a chuppah in a “festive public ceremony” in Tel Aviv’s Dizengoff Square on Tu B’Av (Aug 4th), in part to raise awareness about the lack of civil marriage in Israel and the fact that they, and many other Jews from the FSU and elsewhere who are not recognized as Jews by the rabbinate, are thus legally unable to marry at all.
- Omri Casspi is the first Israeli to join the NBA. When told they also have hummus in the US, he replied, “Man, I tried it… I will bring some from Israel, maybe. I’ll let you taste it and you tell me.”
- According to one survey, 80% of secular Israelis and 59% of Israelis overall define their level of Judaic knowledge and Jewish heritage as mediocre or lower.