Contest Deadline extended: Accepting blog and vlog entries until Kol Nidre
Read on – last chance to be a featured Jewschool blogger! Finalists will be posted after Yom Kippur
Jewschool & JStreet Blog/Vlog Competition
NEW Deadline: 9/27/2009, sundown
Enter the Jewschool & JStreet Blog/Vlog Competition and win free registration to JStreet’s first conference!!
To enter, answer the following question in blog or video format.
What keeps you hopeful and/or invested in a two-state solution for the future of Israel and Palestine?
Please choose one of the following as a lens or a focus for your blog/vlog:
A – Social Justice within Israel
B – What it means to be pro-Israel in modern America
C – Jewish values and Israel activism
Round 1: Jewschool editors will choose the top 10 entries (8 blog format, 2 video format)
Round 2: Jewschool readers will vote for the top 2 blog entries and top video entry. Winners will receive free registration for JStreet’s first conference – http://www.jstreet.org/page/j-street-conference-2009-driving-change-securing-peace
1. The competition is open to blog entries 500 words or fewer or video entries 10 minutes or shorter. Mixed entries should have no more than 250 words accompanying videos and will be judged as video entries. Blog entries should be sent to [email protected] as an attachment. HTML code should be raw for simple cut and paste; for videos, please tag on youtube with “JStreet-Jewschool” and send an email with the link as well as your name and contact information.
2. You may only enter once; individuals submitting more than one entry will be disqualified.
3. All entries must be in English, original, unpublished, and not submitted elsewhere at the time of submission. “Unpublished” means writing may not have appeared in print or on the Internet for public consumption (i.e., poems posted on a public forum or on your Web site may not be entered). Jewschool.com reserves the one-time publication rights to the 1st through 10th-place winning entries to be published on our website in late September.
4. Entries must submitted by Sept. 20, 2009.
5. Winners will be announced October 10, 2009. If you have not been contacted by this date, you may assume that your entry is not a finalist and may be marketed elsewhere. Winners are expected to live blog and tweet multiple times per day during the conference. (You may cross post to Jewschool or post directly to Jewschool)
6. The following are not permitted to enter the competition: bloggers, board members, staff, or advisors of Jewschool.com or employees of Jstreet or any of its conference affiliates.
(Above information all posted at http://jewschool.com/contests/)