Jewish Peacebuilding Workshop In August
My friends Ezra and Eliyahu (both of whom I spent time learning with at Yakar this year) will be offering a course on peacework, through a Jewish lens, at Elat Chayyim this summer. Here are the details:
On Becoming a Jewish Peacebuilder
Elat Chayyim, Accord, NY
Ezra Weinberg, who holds a Masters in Conflict Transformation from the School of International Training and is now in his Third Year of Rabbinical School and Eliyahu McLean, director of the Jeruslem Peacemakers and inter-relgious advisor to the to the Sulha Peace Project. Eliyahu was ordained by R. Schachter-Shalomi as a Rodef Shalom, Pursuer of Peace.
Eliyahu and Ezra together will weave this inspiring week-long Peacebuilder training course. The course aims to create a community of empowered Jewish peacemakers who will reclaim the peace voice within the Jewish tradition. If you who wish to initiate peace projects in your religious community, or are an engaged peace activist who seeks a deeper connection with the Jewish path in doing your work, then this course is for you.
Each day will include:
- Text study including Torah and responsa and texts from the field of peace-making literature
- Theoretical and conceptual ideas in peacebuilding
- Skills and capacity building for the empowered peace builder
- Sharing life experiences and examples from our work or others
- Films and stories about grassroots peace work in the Holy Land
Generous financial aid available, please ask.
For registration information call 800-398-2630 ext. 225 or e-mail [email protected].