One week left to register for Brit Tzedek's DC conference
For those of us who believe there is more than one way to be pro-Israel…
Brit Tzedek v’Shalom, the Jewish Alliance for Justice and Peace, invites you to join them for the 2008 Grassroots Leadership Training Institute & National Advocacy Days from June 21-24, in Washington, DC!
Brit Tzedek, America’s largest Jewish grassroots peace organization, educates and mobilizes American Jews in support of a negotiated two-state resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
The 2008 conference will bring together pro-Israel, pro-peace activists from across the country to strengthen organizing skills, engage the issues, and make a lasting impact on Capitol Hill.
Here’s the breakdown:
Grassroots Leadership Training Institute (June 21-22):
- Workshops and plenaries designed to strengthen Brit Tzedek’s grassroots network, build chapters, empower new leaders, get local media coverage, and effectively communicate to the U.S. Jewish community
- Opportunities to network with other Brit Tzedek activists from across the country.
National Advocacy Days (June 22-24):
- Keynote address by MK Yossi Beilin, Member of Knesset, former chairman of the Meretz-Yachad party, and chief Israeli architect of the Geneva Accords
- Advocacy meetings with YOUR Senators and Representatives where you can tell them to support pro-Israel, pro-peace legislation!
- Congressional reception featuring distinguished Members of Congress — [Previous speakers include: Reps. David Price (NC), Susan Davis (CA), Jan Schakowsky (IL), and Lois Capps (CA)]
- In-depth training on talking to your elected officials, featuring “Stump the Expert” with Daniel Levy, Senior Fellow and Director of the Middle East Policy Initiative at the New America Foundation
Check out the complete agenda and additional conference information.
Limited financial aid is still available. Contact adam at btvshalom dot org for more info.
Registration closes June 9th. Register today!