UPZ hiring Associate Director
The Union of Progressive Zionists wants an Associate Director. Below the fold for full details.
The UPZ Seeks an Associate Director
The Union of Progressive Zionists (UPZ), a national network of student activists who advocate and educate for peace and social justice in Israel and Palestine, seeks an organized, resourceful, motivated and personable individual to fill a full-time position as Associate Director.
Please spread the word to those who might be interested or might know potential candidates.
We are now accepting applications for the Associate Director position, which is to be filled this Summer 2008 (exact starting date negotiable).
The Associate Director will work closely with the Executive Director to fulfill the following responsibilities:
– Facilitating an enthusiastic network of student activists;
– Facilitating campaign planning and execution including organizing multi-campus speaker tours, campaign materials, conference calls, PR and actions;
– Organizing, promoting and running the annual UPZ leadership Conference;
– Organizing and promoting bi-annual UPZ birthright trips;
– Visiting campuses regularly; organizing events locally; providing leadership training on campus;
– Researching and developing educational materials for use on campus, including articles, movies, speakers, etc;
– Representing the UPZ on national and local coalitions and at relevant conferences;
– Generating web and e-newsletter content;
– Paying bills and keeping financial records;
– Cultivating and maintaining relationships with students, relevant individuals and organizations;
– Working with the UPZ Board and running annual Board meetings;
– Fundraising when appropriate.
– Excellent written and oral skills; public speaking abilities;
– Good leadership and campus organizing skills; passion for grassroots organizing and political activism;
– Strong grasp of history and politics related to Israel, the Arab-Israeli conflict, and Middle East affairs in general;
– Ability to communicate well with others in small office and to delegate tasks and coordinate work with UPZ executive director, board members and student activists;
– Ability to work independently, multitask and manage multiple time-critical projects;
– Computer proficiency: MS Word and Excel; generic database programs; HTML programming a plus;
– Non Profit/Fundraising experience a plus;
– Knowledge of Hebrew/Arabic a plus;
– Graphic Design skills a plus;
– An open mind and drive to learn.
– At least a two year comittment.
About the UPZ: The Union of Progressive Zionists is a national network of student activists who advocate and educate for peace and social justice in Israel and Palestine. The UPZ was created to provide a coherent network, guidance, education, and resources to student activists who seek to impart a progressive voice into the campus debate about Israel. The UPZ is active on dozens of campuses through programming, its annual conference, trips to Israel and Palestine and more. The UPZ is centrally coordinated by the national staff from New York City.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience; Benefits Included.
TO APPLY: Submit Cover Letter with Resume by email to [email protected] no later than July 6th.